Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Bench Lights

On 4/1/19 9:56 PM, wrote:
Well, they are mostly CCFL. Of course they have Royers in them and they generate EMI. I got an HP339a and to find its measurement flkoor of 0.0016% I had to connect the output to the input with wires as straight as possible. Using anything else it picked up too much noise, even with the filters on.

Then I am working on a scope and the trace is fat, I pull the arm light away and it flattens out. I turn off all the lights and I got the flatline I should.

So now I got a halogen in the arm lamp, which helps. I also still have the ability to shut of all the lights and have everything else still work. Even with the rest of the lights farther away it still has noticeable EMI.

Hello, and I use a '70s era Tensor high-intensity lamp (also doubles as
a piano lamp). It uses a 12-volt automotive bulb and has a high and low
brightness switch. Oh, yeah, and no noise/EMI issues and plenty of
light for close-in work. Sometimes older works better (except perhaps
with people). Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: