Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

TimR wrote

I can't believe there are 76 posts about how to
remove a plastic screw that you don't need to reuse.

Drill the sucker out.

I already said that I couldnt find a drill short enough
to do that, the head points to the ground and even
on a jack stand there isnt a lot of room between the
head and the ground and I dont have a hoist I can use.

It's plastic, for goodness sake, you don't even
need power tools. A hand drill would work,

Its even longer.

or even just a drill bit held in your fingers.

Much easier to lever the head up enough so you
can grab it with a pair of pliers or and end nipper.

I keep a coffee grinder style hand drill and a brace and
bit style handy just for places where I don't need high
power and or don't want to go find an extension cord.

I got real radical and have a number of battery
drills which work a lot better than those even
if a decent amount of power is needed.

Or get a propane torch and melt the head off.

Thats going to damage the plastic panel it holds on.

Everyone here (except the OP) could do this
job faster than it takes to type one post.

But I did get a better way of doing it
and can use that again when I need to.