Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Dripping ceramic disc taps.

Ret died a few years ago. Apparently it was not very nice.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes check ow old the post is.# grin....
I think if you are starting a new subject do not add to an old one
unless you want to confuse people.
Brian

On Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 12:36:13 AM UTC+10, Ret. wrote:
My son has a standard kitchen tap with separate hot and cold valves
on either side of the tap. I took a look at it today because it has
developed a
steady drip.

The valves are ceramic disc with a quarter turn to full off/full on.

I removed each 'cartridge' and took it apart. I could not see any
problem at
all with the ceramic discs they did not appear to be scratched or
damaged,
nor was there any grit present. The various seals were in good
condition. After cleaning and rinsing all components, I put them all
back
together, replaced them in the tap and............. drip drip drip!

Anyone any suggestions?

--
Kev