Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for a storage shed kit?

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:51:31 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/28/2019 11:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM,
wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln. The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

There are some very large industrial autoclaves. You wouldn't be doing a
Queen Mary but smaller pleasure craft like drift boats could be done.
That's where the economics breaks down. Glass is nasty but it's fast.

Things like this are usually advertising stunts, not any attempt to
replace the glass boat industry.