Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microwave oven

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:13:55 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

On 2019/03/27 5:36 p.m., Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 07:25:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, 25 March 2019 20:08:42 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the microwave oven doesn't kill you, perhaps the popcorn will?

This is what happens when I cooked a yam for 16 minutes instead of 6
minutes:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/burned-yam.html
There was no explosion, but there was plenty of fire, smoke, and
stench. When I opened the door, the inside of the yam was glowing
dull red.

You aren't married, are you Jeff?

Yes, I are not married, and yes, I are Jeff. (Please don't ask a
negative question, and then append a positive question. It's rather
confusing):
https://theweek.com/articles/451975/problem-positive-answers-negative-questions

Most of the women I invite to my lair initially look around in silent
shock, and then ask "You live like this"? I've discovered over the
years that this means that they are calculating if it possible to
domesticate me. The answer is usually clear when they discover two
refrigerators in the kitchen. A small one for food, and a larger one
for chemicals, batteries, and emergency supplies. Punching 16 minutes
into the microwave oven timer instead of 6 minutes is a much lesser
crime.

If you are then she is a gem if she lets you blow stuff up in the kitchen!

It didn't explode. I just shot flaming "guts of yam" all over the
oven walls, filled the kitchen with smoke, set off the smoke alarm,
and smelled rather awful for about a month. The painted (or possibly
powder coated) white interior of the Panasonic inverter oven was badly
stained orange by the yam smoke. None of the common kitchen chemicals
would remove the stains. I decided that toxic chemicals in the
microwave was a bad idea, so I resorted to small right angle buffer
and some abrasive grit. That was sufficient to make the oven
presentable. However, I had to tear it apart to clean the ducting,
where the common kitchen cleaners were functional.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558