Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Recommendations for rotary seed and fertiliser spreaders?

On 27/03/2019 22:08, newshound wrote:
On 27/03/2019 22:06, newshound wrote:
On 27/03/2019 09:33, wrote:
I've had the AccuPro 2000 recommended for use on large lawns but the
price is rather OTT for what the thing comprises. The cheap ones on
fleabay and elsewhere seem to have plastic gears, plain bearings and
poor coating. I'm tempted by the "Agri-Fab 45-0462" but haven't found
any reviews from owners.
Can anyone recommend something that works but is priced realistically?

(I asked this, without success, on ...rec.gardening but this group is
much more active so ...)

No idea what I have, but it is a very cheap one. It started getting
crunchy and stiff to turn after not much use. I drilled holes into the
casing in suitable places to lubricate the gears etc with silicone oil
aerosol spray. Now it runs very smoothly and only needs occasional
lubrication.

Something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handy-Spr...AOSw8D9bpQ4 h

Thanks, but I need something a bit larger. There's a lot of lawn. I'm
told that the push ones are easier to use than those that are towed
behind a garden tractor, that's why I was thinking of something like the
Agri-Fab 45-0462.