Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How to seal a new CU (long)

On 27/03/2019 17:13, Robin wrote:
On 27/03/2019 16:45, wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 14:55:42 UTC, RobinÂ* wrote:
On 27/03/2019 14:33, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 13:12:33 UTC, sm_jamiesonÂ* wrote:

Sorry I didn't read all that, but I have to seal top cable openings
in a plastic CU, installed to the old regs, and this looks useful

https://www.toolstation.com/intumescent-putty/p19613

Simon.

I wonder what the purpose is of bringing a noncompliant CU to
another noncompliant standard.

If all the CU needs is some sealant in order to comply with the
standards applying when it was installed I cannot see in what way it
would then still be "noncompliant".

It is, even if you don't see it. Plastic CUs are mostly no longer
compliant.

You seem to be assuming this is a newly installed CU.Â* I assumed it was
one installed before compliance with Amndt 3 was required.Â* Perhaps the
OP will clarify.

I have just had a long day at work.

So help me out.

You seem to be the OP of this thread.