vairxpert

Default Phone static at the box means...

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:23:11 GMT, "trebor4258"
wrote:

Now go to the box and find the point where the telco's pair comes over to
your side and unplug that connection. If it's a relatively new junction
box, that plug is a regular male modular plug (RJ-11). Now you should be
holding telco's side of the connection in your hand as a male RJ-11
connector that's not connected to anything. You might have to make a Radio
Shack run at this point.

That's an odd ass backwards set up. On my house (and every junction
box I've ever seen in my area) the male plug comes from the house and
the female socket is the telco feed.
Unplug the RJ-11 connector and plug in your phone. In order to plug
in your phone you have to disconnect the whole house so the process is
100% full proof with no adapter needed.

You need an RJ-11 "barrel" (female-to-female connector), an RJ-11 phone cord
(6' or so) and a real phone. Not a cordless phone, not any kind of phone
that requires any kind of battery. Not a phone that has a speaker phone
function. Not a phone that has any sort of memory or fancy stuff at all.
Just a plain old phone; the heavier it is, the greater the chances are that
it's just a plain old phone.

Why won't a modern fancy phone (known working of course) work for
testing purposes vs. an old princess phone?

George