Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microwave oven

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 20:56:32 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/26/19 3:14 PM, tabbypurr wrote:

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair
to save $100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven
that fits a certain space can be tricky, repairing is then
much quicker.

I haven't paid more than $30 for a microwave oven in the past
20 years. And typically between $15-20 at the Good Will.

The two failures I've had were the processor based control from
The first one just quit working. In retrospect it might have
just been something loose from moving to Texas. The other was
a "twist the knob" timer. The knob fell apart. I found a new,
not matching, knob and found out why the old one broke. The
mechanical timer seized up.

One of the microwaves I bought, I paid $10 for and rewound the
transformer to turn it into a spot welder.

But, hey, if you want to spend $100-400 on a microwave oven, be
my guest.

Combi cookers are in that price range, and hard to find used.

NT