Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 25/03/2019 20:09, tony sayer wrote:
(perhaps with a little caution introduced if it sounds like the poster
is about to qualify for a Darwin award!)

+1

Although I have one more tip

It's probably worth having a practice run of removing the main fuse
before you start. I have very occasionally found that they will not
move. Not very likely to happen in the OP's case as it is a newish house
but still worth checking.

The Main Switch of the CU must be in the OFF position when fitting and
removing the main fuse.

Adam..

What's the latest on getting the distribution company putting a 100 amp
isolator switch in these days, do you still have to pay for it?..

Yes in my area if it is a request and not a new supply.

It's probably easier and cheaper just to fit your own.

--
Adam