Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Today's job.

whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Monday, 25 March 2019 14:28:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 24 March 2019 21:11:01 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article 36891711-14f7-46ec-aef7-
, says...

I have at least 30 passwords, of course I can;t rememebr
them all. But while they say don;t write them down, I do.

Same here - and I even keep them on my PC in a text file named
Pw.txt!

It contaibs a list of clues, such as the first 4 digits of the
address I was living at when PostCodes were first introduced.

This might be followed by xxx meaning the name of the road,
all in lower case, Xxx if it starts with a capital x*x if the
relevant letter is replaced by a symbol (but not an
asterisc!), nnxx if it starts with the house number, nnXxx or
nnx*x are the same variants as before, xxxxR if Road is
appended, etc.

The beginning of another PostCode points to an STD code from
40 years ago (a code no longer in use!)

xbt is a letter followed by a bt phone number we gave up 30
years ago.

xyzemp is my employee number from when I worked for xyz many
years ago. This number got longer with several different
mergers, etc, and the version I use is nothing like the final
one!

None of the source data to which any of this is based will be
found anywhere on my PC or laptop and you would need to know
an awful lot about me to come anywhere near guessing any of
them. The only person who might have a fighting chance is my
wife but I doubt she'd crack more than a few.

Makes a lot more sense to use a decent password manager.

Not if someone steals yuor computer or managers to get that ONE password for access, and not if you want to get at something which isn't on the computer with the password manager.

Is that woddles?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

No woddles says he uses as password manager, I don't.

Strange, it read identically to woddles rantings...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/