Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Roofing felt questions.

On 24/03/2019 22:02, wrote:
If you want to secure roofing felt, do it by nailing battens on top.
(Running from apex to eaves.)
Paint the underside of the battens with bitumous paint and nailon while wet.

I've seen the results of that, so would not recommend it. Perhaps in severe wind areas where risk of rip-off exceeds risk of the batten nails splitting the felt.

I done that 6 years back and after it was installed went around and used
this for around the felt nails and the joints, been good since.
It seals the joints and stops the wind getting underneath the felt.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/cementone...lack-1kg/57518