Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 24/03/2019 10:07, wrote:
On Sunday, 24 March 2019 09:52:09 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 24/03/2019 00:17, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2019 09:23, ARW wrote:
On 22/03/2019 20:18,
wrote:
On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 11:29:13 PM UTC, ARW wrote:

If you go ahead with it I'll post a few more tips than the wiki article
about real life CU swaps.

I'd be interested in that anyway if you have the time? Would it be
worth adding to the article?

John or NT usually add anything worthwhile I post to the wiki.

So here are a couple of tips that would apply if I had more than 2
hours to swap a CU!

OK I have woven some extra stuff into the existing article based on
these comments.

Anyone one else (including yourself) got any other tips?

I generally get a couple of hours to swap a CU (plus time to test). It
usually takes me 90 minutes to prep it up and mount the board with the
cables where I want them. The last 30 minutes is fitting the live,
neutrals and MCBs or RCBOs.

Wylex RCBOs don't like to grip 2x 2.5mm cables unless they're twisted together. That can catch people out.

A lot of RCBO do the same.

Add to the list
Do a tug test.

--