Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Disconnecting CFL bulb from powered circuit can cause damage?

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:37:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:24:55 AM UTC-4, Tim R wrote:
Cat zappers, on the other hand.......................

True story:

We had a very large, fearless, but gentle Maine Coon named Boswell, who made it to age 16, and to 18 pounds before succumbing to cancer. In any case, he was a bit of a wandered, even when neutered. As we had an electronic fence for the dogs, we got a collar for him. The first day he wore it, he walked up to the edge of the property - we could see him twitch - carefully walked through the zap area, turned around and walked back. We went to the fence supplier and got the "super max" collar. Next day, he did the same thing.

Some cats....

Yes, some cats... go on...