Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Confirm, old fuel

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 22/03/19 20:32, Fredxx wrote:
On 22/03/2019 20:14, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/03/19 17:59, ss wrote:
I have some old fuel (approx 1 x litre) in a can.
To avoid the hassle of going to a recycle place would I be ok to shove
it my petrol car when I have a full tank.
The litre is possibly 2 stroke mix as it has a reddish tinge, its
leftovers from a small generator.

If it's leaded it will do your catalytic converter no good at all.

Just how long ago was leaded on sale? It is leaded, perhaps it should be
better given to a museum?

Evidently if was withdrawn from sale in 2000. I'm pretty sure I've got
bottles and other containers in the garage a /lot/ older than that!

I know I have two full jerrycans of petrol MUCH older than that.

The OP didn't say how old his fuel was.