Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 22/03/2019 08:30, Kevin H wrote:
On Thursday, 21 March 2019 23:18:36 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 20/03/2019 19:54, Kevin H wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 March 2019 19:27:40 UTC, ARW wrote:

You are very lucky. There appears to be an awful lot of spare cable
inside your CU.

I would recommend (if you are prepared to spend a few hundred quid) a BG
CU with all RCBOs. TLC are doing the compact RCBOs for £15.72 but I will
have to search elsewhere for a suitable enclosure.

Is it possible to tell how the cables enter the CU? It looks that they
enter from the rear. If it was possible to bring them down from above it
would help you space them out a little better and move the meter tails
across to the right.

They all enter from the rear apart from one (connected to the loft) but from what I can see they all then go up so it should be possible to bring them in from above.

What about the BG 10 way enclosure? (https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BGSW10.html)

Would give me:

1 Ring
2 Ring
3 Ring
4 Loft (goes to another CU in the loft conversion)
5 Cooker
6 Hob (new)
7 Lighting 1 & 2 (were on separate MCBs)
8 Lighting 3 and smoke (were separate)
9 Immersion heater (less said about this the better)
10 Spare

I honestly am not sure if that is 10 spare ways or 10 ways with two ways
taken up by the main switch. I'll have a look at BGs web site.

--
Adam

Thanks. BG's site (https://www.bgelectrical.uk/circuit-...consumer-units) says 12 module 10 way with 100A switch for the CFUSW10 CU

Sound ideal. Don't forget to order the grommet strip with your order.

--
Adam