Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dr.s.lartius@gmail.com is offline

Default The smoot is a nonstandard unit of length...

On Thursday, 21 March 2019 12:36:15 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 17:18:23 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 11:43:48 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

It has not been possible to measure the speed of light since 1986 or earlier;

yes it has , it;s been in physics books long before then.

I think that you did not pay enough attention to my "since" above.

Be warned that from May 20th 2019, the definition of the kilogram will no longer be that it is the mass of a Pt-Ir cylinder cherished in Outer Paris. See in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram !

Yes I know I heard all about it.

A Usenet response is commonly not aimed solely at the author of the preceding article.

But it's not going to make much differnce to the majority of us is it.

Much effort, and time, has been put into achieving that, and having new standards which are independent of any artifacts.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |