Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Wire size for 250' to garage?????

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 07:47:38 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/21/2019 7:14 AM, Jack Smith wrote:
replying to Bob, Jack Smith wrote:
I am trying to find out the wire sizes needed for a 250' underground
feeder
from the main panel, to a sub panel in the garage. I would like a 240,
60 amp
service 2-phase service. What type wire would be the least expensive?

* Aluminum is cheaper than copper , and there are calculators online to
figure out the wire size . Search wire sizing calculator , the results I
got for your case are there - I know the numbers but you'll have to find
them for yourself . For my shop at 100A/60 feet I need #1 copper or 1/0
aluminum . This information was VERY easy to find , are you stupid or
just lazy ?

He's a HomeMoaner - take your pick.