Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Mad electrical question

On 20/03/2019 19:39, ARW wrote:
On 20/03/2019 18:11, Scott wrote:
I discovered a problem with a join in a ring main and decided to
replace the faulty connector with a terminal block.Â* I wondered if
this needs to be rated at 30A to correspond with the fuse (RCBO) or if
15A would be okay on the basis that it is a ring and some of the
current will go each way round.

On the Brunel principle I am fitting 30A but I am curious to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYD8e7idnY

The video shows that the connectors will carry the current when new.
But what happens after they have had a few thermal cycles?
I would think the wire nut and the choc block will fail first.