Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default 2-stroke mixture

On 19/03/2019 21:26, Brian Reay wrote:
On 19/03/2019 08:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
Cheapskate!
Besides there are rumblings that this sort of engine will be outlawed for
pollution reasons pretty soon so I'd shift it before that happens!

Brian

Not really practical to ban them retro respectively, heaven knows how
many there must be on chainsaws, lawnmowers, motorbikes, generators,...

They could stop the sale of new ones but trying to stop people using
existing ones would be virtually impossible.

Even if they stopped the sale of 2 stroke oil, people would use
something else - probably generating more pollution.

For running power tools etc the 2 stroke generators are fine. I have one
I used to use charge batteries but I've now got a 4 stroke invertor one
which runs off propane (or petrol).Â* The 2 StrokeÂ* one was under £100
new, the 4 Stroke nearer £1000. You can see why people like the 2 stroke
ones.

The four stroke alternator ones are OK for power tools too. The speed
dips a bit while an angle grinder is cranking up.