Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 2-stroke mixture

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 02:16:06 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 21:04:41 +0000
T i m wrote:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:21:10 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:15:28 +0000
T i m wrote:

I also have a little 12V 2/ genny and whilst it 'ran' the last
time I tried it, it wouldn't tick over (or even run a lowish revs)
very well and that was probably down to crank seals. ;-(

Wasn't that because it's regulated to 3000 RPM?

I don't know, is it?

It might be if it's a simple alternator rather than using an inverter.

I'm pretty sure it's a very basic unit and so likely (then?) only a
very simple alternator with some basic voltage regulation?

I get that (therefore) it wouldn't put out as much (electrical) power
at low revs but I wasn't really interested in that at the time, just
that it could tickover before being used to do something real (like
charge a car battery as a form of boost charger).

Cheers, T i m