Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default F Plugs

In article
,
says...

I did attempt in my very first post, make it clear I was talking about
the twist on style of plug. To be fair I had assumed that you were
familiar with this type of plug, which subsequently appears may have
been an assumption too far. Hence why I was having difficulty seeing
exactly what point you were getting at

Yes, I appreciate that..

Hopefully now familiar with the twist on plug design, you understand
that the bodge I described will not in any way impact the RF performance
of the connection. Its just more time consuming and less convenient way
of fitting a plug to a thin cable.

But it is very important not to remove the foil screen from
the exposed dielectric as I explained in my previous post.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com