Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default F Plugs

In article , charles
scribeth thus
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/03/2019 09:21, John Rumm wrote:
On 19/03/2019 19:57, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

That's pretty much how I've been doing it since f plugs came on the UK
scene.

I don't know how far back you are going, Bill, but the first
time I saw them was when they were used for the internet
connection on the early IBM PCs in the early 80s.

I don't recall any networking standard that used F connectors?

Early thin ethernet with BNC connectors on 50 ohm coax certainly

Yup. BNC was THE professional RF plug in the 70s.

When we first met them in the '60s, they were known as a "B***** Nasty
Connector"

Bayonet Neill-Concelman is its correct name!..

Just use them for Two-way radio installs these days. "N" type for
anything more powerful up to say 500 odd watts

and 7/16 DIN after that 500 watts and above and higher UHF frequencies

PL259 or UHF are ****e plugs

And TNC quite good for some instrumentation stuff and applications..

--
Tony Sayer