Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default F Plugs

On 20/03/2019 09:21, John Rumm wrote:
On 19/03/2019 19:57, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

That's pretty much how I've been doing it since f plugs came on the UK
scene.

I don't know how far back you are going, Bill, but the first
time I saw them was when they were used for the internet
connection on the early IBM PCs in the early 80s.

I don't recall any networking standard that used F connectors?

Early thin ethernet with BNC connectors on 50 ohm coax certainly

Yup. BNC was THE professional RF plug in the 70s.

F types I dont recall seeing before sattelite..but we had screw on coax
- big ones - for radar and microwaves

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan