Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default IP 44 light fitting a bit broken

Well not quite sure what you mean by broken but as long as water cannot get
to the connections I'd have thought it was fine, if there are issues then
you will soon know!
I do not like mains lamps in showers etc in any case, maybe I'm old
fashioned.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
Just went to put a fitting in the bathroom - it's IP44, Class 1, pull
switch, to go into Zone 2 (more on this in another thread).
The glass cover is a bit broken and that protects the lamp from below.
However, the GU10 lamp has to be pushed in firmly as there's a seal in the
socket - looks as if it does a good job. The glass cover doesn't actually
seal fit closely to the body, so I assume that it's there mainly to
protect
a hot halogen lamp from being shattered by a splash of cold water.

So, Im wondering if the fitting is still OK to install, as it's protected
by
seals top and bottom and will have a LED lamp.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away