Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Anyone recognise this boiler?

In article ,
says...

My understanding is that the supply voltage has not changed, only the
nominal voltage. Someone will have the figures but I was told the
narrow band round our 240V fits inside the wider band round 230V.

The UK supply voltage used to be 240V ±6%, which is 226V -
254V

European voltage was 220V. Assuming the same ±6% tolerance was
used, it could vary from 207V to 233V.

Europewide it is now 230V ±15% (I think) which is 200V - 264V.

A 10% tolerance would be better: 210V - 253V, so perhaps my
memory is playing tricks on me.

Antway, as you say, no change the supply volage change is/was
necessary either side of the Channel.

--

Terry

---