Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Terraced Houses

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
In article ,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Ah, I should have said "at a lower level than the main house 1st
floor". I don't know what was underneath the servant rooms - probably
some kind of lower ground floor rooms.

In my house, judging by the remains of bell circuits, the servant's
room was the attic.

They work in the basement and sleep in the attic. The Family might want
something in the middle of the night.

No basement here. Did wonder how having live in 'help' would work on this
sort of house.

They would work in the kitchen and scullery (if there is one). They
might just help the lady of the house cook and also serve the meals to
the family, but eat in the kitchen.

--
Max Demian