Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 18/03/2019 19:11, ARW wrote:
On 18/03/2019 08:26, Brian Reay wrote:

Personally, I'd not feel comfortable without having an immersion
heater as a back up. While we've not had many issues with our heating,
not having hot water for showers etc is a big issue.

That's everyone with a combi boiler up **** creek then.

Apart from the ones with electric showers:-)

--

Adam

The very reason I have resisted changing to a combi-boiler.

Even if power failed and we had neither boiler nor immersion, we'd still
have 40 gallons of hot water and with care could eke that out for a
couple of days before it became freezing cold to shower.

The house still has the option of using the gas fire and/or portable
electric heaters in the cold months.

We have had our boiler fail a couple of times over the years - just fan
bearings siezing and the backup has proved itself useful until bearing
could be obtained.

SteveW