Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Terraced Houses

On 18/03/2019 19:01, Rod Speed wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* sm_jamieson wrote:
Ah, I should have said "at a lower level than the main house 1st
floor".
I don't know what was underneath the servant rooms - probably some kind
of lower ground floor rooms.

In my house, judging by the remains of bell circuits, the servant's room
was the attic.

They work in the basement and sleep in the attic. The Family might
want something in the middle of the night.

So what did those skivvys do about bathing ?Â* Have a bath
somewhere else once a year, whether they needed it or not ?

Tin bath in the kitchen. Family tin bath in their bedrooms, filled with
water lugged upstairs by the staff.

--
Max Demian