Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2-stroke mixture

"Ermin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:41:00 +0000, ss wrote:

I have a generator (cheap end) never used for 7 years so going to get it
working and sell on.
I only intend to mix up a ltre of petrol to a small amount of oil for
the 2-stroke mix. Just to get it working for test purposes.
For my purposes could I use either oil I have for the car or some oil I
have for the chain saw.
for my short running time would the oil be that important?

I assume the chain saw oil is proper 2 stroke oil so that is what you
should use.

Not if he is talking about chain oil. Its very different to
2 stroke oil and I wouldnt use it in place of 2 stroke oil.