Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet and text (OT)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:25:06 +0000, Chris Bartram wrote:

On 18/03/2019 14:19, DerbyBorn wrote:
We take for granted that we can find music on the Web - and Artist
details will be available about the track.

However, I find myself wondering who keyed in the information to make
it available. When was it done and what was the incentive - who owned
it, etc.

Some CDDB entries get autopopulated from CD text, but a lot is
user-contributed. If i buy a CD that isn't in CDDB (or rather freedb),
I'll submit it for my own convenience and to help others.

Same here. It's why, when using the CD ripper, I sometimes get presented
with two or three database entries and have to choose. The choice of
'genre' is often rather flaky.