Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Truncated 33kV power line? Doesn't go anywhere?

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:18:53 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 18:35:45 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://goo.gl/maps/9aGZCUHwTS92
Here we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked
cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. ... One of
those poles is labelled "Castlebridge No.2 33kV feeder", which I
can't find any information about. Is there a detailed map of these
things anywhere?

I don't know about a map, but googling for Castlebridge 33kW shows a spreadsheet at

Damn, I think I included the word "feeder" and got nowhere.

Capacity Market Register 2021-22 (T-4) at https://www.emrdeliverybody.com

1 CAS001 T-4 Capacity Auction 2021
Gas Generation Castlebridge Limited
Gas Generation Castlebridge 1
01778300888

Distribution Non CMRS
New Build Generating CMU
Gas OCGT and Reciprocating Engines (Fuel Type - Gas)
Not Prequalified
Gas reciprocating engines used for power generation, with associated infrastructure. Land at Castlebridge Business Park, Alloa, FK10 3PZ NS938925
Deferred

I've driven past the entrance to that (in fact also today, on the way to the walk I mentioned above), it's had the land on sale for years. And that is indeed approximately where the line stops.

That power line doesn't look big enough to take power from a power station though, perhaps to feed the business park? How much power goes along those lines? I know it's 33kV 3 phase, but I don't know what the current is. All I can say is the underground part went through an approximately 3 inch diameter armoured cable, and the individual conductors look about half an inch thick (judging by a pigeon sat on one! I didn't let my parrot fly up to have a look incase it was live! Yes I was actually taking my parrot for a walk - on my shoulder, with a lead, amusing everyone else out walking!)

Which may or may not be related to

https://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/n...f_t rade_debt

Whoops! Everyone trying to cash in on the renewable nonsense.