Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet and text (OT)

On 18/03/2019 15:47, DerbyBorn wrote:
whisky-dave wrote in
:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 14:19:32 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
We take for granted that we can find music on the Web - and Artist
details will be available about the track.

However, I find myself wondering who keyed in the information to make
it available. When was it done and what was the incentive - who owned
it, etc.

That depends on many things, smaller band will do this sort of stuff
themselves including art work and videos, and will write their won
music and lyrics.

While some of the larger more 'popular' might well have people write
and do everything for them.

I was thinking of the historic stuff - created before there was a need for
the info.

Well, I contributed entries for CDDB, for those CD's I had which were
not in the database at the time. Rather annoyingly, one of these
databases switched to being commercial, having started off as open.

--
Andrew Gabriel