Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Truncated 33kV power line? Doesn't go anywhere?

https://goo.gl/maps/9aGZCUHwTS92

Here we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. I went for a walk to the East (right of the picture), and after about a 25 minute walk the power line came to an end. A pole similar to the one in the link, but the wires just stopped, no transformer, no underground wire coming off it. Is this something they half built? Did it supply a farm that was closed down?

2/3rds of the way along, it does go underground for a very short distance (about 5 or 10 metres), presumably to keep it from touching another set of similar lines running at right angles. But as far as I can see, the wire doesn't go anywhere, just links the two poles underground. One of those poles is labelled "Castlebridge No.2 33kV feeder", which I can't find any information about. Is there a detailed map of these things anywhere?