Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What happened here?

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 14:18:18 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

What sort of fault inside the charger could have caused the RCD to trip?

Anything on the AC side which caused a short. RCD's have a habit of
tripping on L to N faults which involve high currents. Most commonly
seen when GU10 bulbs fail the RCD will often trip even though there is
no leakage to earth.

Interesting. Got lots of GU 10 here, but never had the RCD trip when one
blew. Just the circuit MCB.

--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.