Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 18/03/2019 07:29, Kevin H wrote:
On Monday, 18 March 2019 01:52:33 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

What kind of test gear have you got?

Just a Fluke DMM. I need to do some more homework but this sort of
thing is likely to take me to the edge of my comfort zone. Might be
worth getting it done by a Pro...

Its one of those jobs, that is not that difficult, if you are methodical
and take your time. You can manage basic tests with a DMM along the way,
although you won't be able to capture a full set of tests as you go
(e.g. you could do circuit impedance tests, but not insulation
resistance or RCD tests). Ultimately that would leave you with an
installation no worse than current, so long as you are not bothered by
lack of paperwork etc.

Have a look through this as a bit of background:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/..._consumer_unit

--
Cheers,

John.