Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Upgrading the bathroom

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:21:20 -0500, Dean Hoffman

On 2019-03-14 1:42 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

the flush is the important factor

Bingo.
Plus, what's easiest to clean?

That's for sure. My brother had been satisfied with a luxury house
built in the 60's or 70's, but his wife wanted something glamorous, and
even then she remodeled it. My SIL doesn't have the sense G-d gave a
billygoat when it comes to spending money. And she put in every
bathroom some fancy European looking toilet and EVERY time I used it, it
was dirty afterwards. I didn't have diarrhea or anything, but the water
area was tiny, so everything landed on the porcelain and made it dirty.

I otoh have standard Elgin toilets with a big pond in the bottom so
everything lands in the water and after I flush, the toilet is as clean
as when it was new.

If I were in my brother's shoes I would have taken my loss, taken out
the stupid toilets and put in standard ones.

The SIL also added a room to the 2nd floor** in which she put literally
20 pieces of exercise equipment, none of which she ever used. And it
shows. My brother, who has been thin all his life, used 2 or 3 of them
on occasion. But a whole room!!! She does go into business herself
but always loses money.

**At least it sat on a room that already existed on the first floor, but
it still must have cost plenty to add a room, for exercise equipment she
never used. And all one needs is one or two pieces, not 20.

Never makes airline reservations in advance, so she pays full dollar on
those. .

What doesn't look too bad
if maintenance isn't perfect? #6?

Consumer Reports has this as their highest rated:

St. Thomas by IceraRichmond ECO (6123.218, 6125.028)
$350