Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Never Wet

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:43:02 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:52:41 AM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:
wrote in message Sometime back Rustoleum
announced Newer Wet. Sort of a super Scotch Guard. It was
a bit expensive at $12 for two cans. Well now at Olie's
it is available for $1 for two cans.

So has anyone come up with a great use for it? Or is it a
solution looking for a problem?

Dan

Use it on your metal snow shovel... ;)

Considering using it on my plastic snow shovel. Not as compelling as on a metal snow shovel.

Dan

I've heard of people using it on boots and gloves and other outer-wear
- like jackets. Makes the water run off like off a duck's back.

Also on canvas tentarps, and tents.

Was also recommended for waterproofing exterior stucco and pourous
brick

There are actually at least 3 different "never wet" products from
Rustoleum. One is a 2 part coating - the other 2 are simple sprats
(one for fabric, one for boots and shoes)