Posted to rec.woodworking
Gene Foeler Gene Foeler is offline

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

replying to Mark & Juanita, Gene Foeler wrote:
I have the jig, an excellent router, sharp bits, and tighten the clamps. The
results are inconsistent, gaps in joints on one drawer, great on the next.
Gave up on the last batch of drawers and used a miter lock router bit and had
excellent results and good looking drawers. Dove tails are great, but a
finished, functioning project is better! I am going to try placing a second
board beside the drawer side Im routing to see if it will hold the side in
place. Good luck!
Gene

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ts-460937-.htm