Minnie Bannister

Default add a light in bedrooms

On 02/24/04 04:08 pm AJScott put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

1. I intend to install a fan in each bedroom and family room. At
minimum I like a light with a switch. Can I later on install a light
in the ceiling easily from the power comming to the outlets? What
Would I need to get done? He is asking me $95 for a fan box and $50
for a switch in each room.

Are you saying that you only have the choice of putting a room light in
the ceiling or a fan, and you're going with the fan? If that's correct,
how do you plan on seeing anything at night -- by candlelight and oil
lamp?

Our bedrooms have neither lights nor fans on the ceilings. But there are
plenty of duplex wall outlets, one outlet of each pair being controlled
by the wall switch and the other always live. IOW, ceilings aren't the
only place to have lights.

I do agree, howver, that if the OP wants both lights and fans, it will
be cheaper and more convenient (and probably prettier) to do it now than
to do it later.

MB