Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default 123-Reg hosting

"Andy Burns" wrote in message ...

David wrote:

I gather the problem is affecting many users but I'm just trying to
gauge how widespread the problem is.

No mention on their status page :-(

To see bounces you'll have to use another email account totally unrelated
to 123-Reg

I sent from an unrelated server.

I did contact them and they said it would take 24 to 48 hours to get the
Domain Servers updated and propagated through the internet! Fortunately
the domains I have with them are only for private emails, but that sort
of delay must be disastrous for businesses.

MX records look good, tried testing SMTP by hand, but just noticed plusnet
have added my static subnet to spamhaus policy block list, and I CBA to try
from elsewhere right now ...

I've now tried the MX records for my domain - all look OK.

Using either a Gmail or hotmail account to send a test email, the exact
response I'm getting is

"550 Callout verification failed: 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address
does not exist"

Originally I thought it was the DNS records that had been erased or
corrupted, but in view of what others have said it looks like the 123-Reg
server is claiming that Gmail or Hotmail don't exist.