Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default 123-Reg hosting

Does anyone in the group use 123-Reg for email

Not for POP/IMAP, just to forward domains I have with them to mailboxes
elsewhere

and if so have you been getting reports of emails sent to you bouncing
with an error code "550 - domain does not exist"!

emails were arriving ok yesterday, but two tests just now have not arrived
(but no bounces yet either)

Thanks for the reply. I also only use them for the same. I gather the
problem is affecting many users but I'm just trying to gauge how widespread
the problem is. To see bounces you'll have to use another email account
totally unrelated to 123-Reg, such as a Hotmail or Gmail account.

I did contact them and they said it would take 24 to 48 hours to get the
Domain Servers updated and propagated through the internet! Fortunately the
domains I have with them are only for private emails, but that sort of delay
must be disastrous for businesses.