Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Mixer tap spout removal

Chris B wrote:
I need to replace the O rings on a mixer tap. It has no grub screw
securing the spout so I understand that the spout needs to be in this
position.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3emhl7dja...25821.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ys6z557t...25812.jpg?dl=0

Is it always this direction or might it be over the other tap?

How critical is the position +/-5 degs or +/- 45 degs.

Any tips for determining when it is in the correct position?

And once in the correct position any tips for actually removing it? It
sort of "wobbles" but resists all attempts to pull it vertically.

Thanks.

I have just looked behind my kitchen spout.
Yes, there is a grub screw, it is tiny, very tiny and I would not know how
to remove it.