Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelicapaganelli@yahoo.com is offline

Default 20 tons of gravel

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 6:20:32 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/14/2019 9:17 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 6:22:52 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Well , crushed rock to be more precise . Had it delivered today by
the county , I'll be billed later but the agreed on price was very
reasonable . Unfortunately the rain got too heavy before i finished
spreading it with Rusty the Tractor .

Congrats! That's what I got for an anniversary present in 2006. We
rented a front-end loader to spread it around, but right up close
to the building it was me and a bow rake, while he drove the loader.
Didn't seem quite fair.

Cindy Hamilton

Â*And it wasn't fair at all ! He should have done the hand work too if
it was really a gift .

The gravel was a gift. It was one of those "some assembly required"
gifts.

This has turned out better than I expected . The ground is very wet ,
and the spot I wanted the load dropped is a bit unlevel (which is why I
needed the gravel ...) , so he couldn't drop it precisely where I needed
it . So about a third or maybe half that load got "tailgated" (tailgate
chained to a small opening , dumping/spreading it as he drove) up my
driveway . I wasn't sure if what I had left to work with was going to be
enough to level the parking spot , but it has turned out well . I still
need to check it with a laser level to make sure it's pitched the way I
want it , but eyeballin' it I think it's close . Now the real work
begins , I've got 8 post holes to dig by hand . At least I won't have to
mix concrete by hand , I bought a mixer when I poured the cellar floor .

I'm glad it turned out well. Keep us posted.

Cindy Hamilton