Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mixer tap spout removal

Chris B was thinking very hard :
I need to replace the O rings on a mixer tap. It has no grub screw securing
the spout so I understand that the spout needs to be in this position.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3emhl7dja...25821.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ys6z557t...25812.jpg?dl=0

Is it always this direction or might it be over the other tap?

How critical is the position +/-5 degs or +/- 45 degs.

Any tips for determining when it is in the correct position?

And once in the correct position any tips for actually removing it? It sort
of "wobbles" but resists all attempts to pull it vertically.

Thanks.

On my two kitchen mixers, they both have a grub screw fixed in the main
body, which when screwed in, meet up with a groove in the spout. It is
rather awkward to access the grub-screws, because they face the wall.