Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 19:49:02 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/03/2019 17:52, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 14 March 2019 12:37:16 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/03/2019 09:15, tabbypurr wrote:

I used to do various silly things with mains when a kid, no-one got harmed, doesn't mean it was safe.

Comparing your childhood antics with my lifetime's experience is false
equivalence.

Bill

I think the point is clear enough.

It's clearly fallacious if that's what you mean.

Bill

your point that not being harmed equals safe certainly was.
I think we can agree on that.

My point being twofold. One, that where a risk has been shown to be
effectively non-existent by the situation occurring many times without
harm befalling man or beast then it should be treated that way, and two,

absolutely, as long as the number of successes is high enough

that having assessed and used countless mains extension leads without
harming the afore mentioned man or beast, I am de facto qualified to
test mains extension leads.

that is the nonsequitur. You may be very well qualified to test them, but not because no-one has gotten hurt.

NT