Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default replacing a thermal fuse

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:30:09 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

That sure doesn't look like a 50 inch TV. I had a 36" and it looked
bigger. So, put a tape measure diagonally across the screen so we can
see and take another pic.

50 CM

That is a 15 or 17 inch - 19 at most

OOPS - my bad. but still not a 50!!!

I scaled it up from theAV plugs - looks like possibly a 40" - 4:3
ratio

The Grundig label scales to roughly 3 inches

Its actually much wider than that. oddly wide in the flesh.

- and the diagonal measurement of the tube is 12 times the size of
the label - or 36 inches. By American sizing that would be a 40 inch -
In canada it would have been called a 37 incher, or possibly a 36.
Grundig used philips tubes. Philips owned Grundig from 1973 until
about 1998.