Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Mixer tap spout removal

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:07:59 +0000
Chris B wrote:

On 14/03/2019 15:47, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:21:57 +0000
Chris B wrote:

I need to replace the O rings on a mixer tap. It has no grub screw
securing the spout so I understand that the spout needs to be in
this position.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3emhl7dja...25821.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ys6z557t...25812.jpg?dl=0

Is it always this direction or might it be over the other tap?

How critical is the position +/-5 degs or +/- 45 degs.

Any tips for determining when it is in the correct position?

And once in the correct position any tips for actually removing it?
It sort of "wobbles" but resists all attempts to pull it
vertically.

Thanks.

I shall watch this with interest, as I have the same problem. I
didn't know about the 'correct angle', though, it might of course
be different on my taps. If only I knew what brand the assembly is!

And mine had the remains of a metal collar under the external nut,

External nut?

At the base of the spout is a deep chromed nut, through which the spout
protrudes. Undoing it exposes the point where the spout comes out of
the main part of the assembly, and provides access to the sealing
ring(s), if you can get it apart. Until the spout can be removed, this
nut is trapped on the spout.
It is a nut, and it is external.

--
Davey.