Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:59:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
So, until I see your opinions deal with the real world (not some
arbitrary numerical threshold) and you start considering the opinions
of the *vast majority* who didn't vote to leave the EU, I'll not
consider your arrogant (lazy voters etc) opinion seriously.

It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Quite. ;-(

Brexiteers like Moggie
claiming the moral high ground just because of a simple majority in a
vote.

They are either left brainers (=can't help it) or think they have got
away with a scam and are clinging onto the outcome as long as
possible.

When it is plainly obvious even the well informed didn't fully
understand the issues.

To me this is no different to yer old aunty falling for 'builder'
offering to fix her non-broken roof or being able to do their drive
'cheap' because they have some tarmac left over from another job.

So how could Joe Public be expected to?

They couldn't (of course). Just like the pressure salesmen using the
old 'I can only give you this deal if you sign today ...' scam, Brexit
was a trap for those with axes to grind about a whole load of other
things, the majority nothing to do with our membership of the EU (or
that couldn't be resolved using existing laws, like sending EU workers
home if they haven't found work after 6 months).

Perhaps we should go back to the days of buying votes with money.

I'm not sure how that would have helped me as it wasn't the voting or
the resulting outcome that was the issue, but the process used to get
there.

It would be like the Police fabricating evidence against you (or being
frugal with the truth / facts) to force a prosecution though.

We saw (or I saw) the program covering the referendum campaign and it
was as one expected, people doing all they could to buy / trick / con
often targeted / gullible people into voting Leave.

This reminds me of the Leave campaign ... hordes of Turks coming in
etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXi35VowjMI

At least
then the voter gets something. Unlike the false promises of the leave
campaign.

There is that I guess. ;-)

Cheers, T i m