*CBHVAC*

Default Window ac vs dehumidfier?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
How humid is it outdoors? How about close the cellar door, and put in an
exhaust fan?

A window or wall AC will remove some humidity, but like the other poster
says -- as long as it's calling for cooling.

Umm...no.

An exhaust fan will only pull in the humid air outside, and I would think
that the OP wants something that actually removes moisture from teh air.

A window unit, with true dehumidification, will also have a set of heat
strips, OR a way to divert, and mix air off the condensor to warm the air as
it enters back into the room.
Thought you were in AC...

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Dick" wrote in message
The prospect of changing my heating system has prompted a review of my
complete heating/cooling systems. If I don't goto central ac (because of

my
inadequate duct size as mentioned in my earlier question) I will

continue
running my separate ac units.
My question is this:
Right now I have a few large ac units running upstairs in the summer &

those
work fine for cooling the house. In our finished basement (in a

split-entry
ranch of about 2200sq ft) I have a dehumidifier as the vinyl floor sits

on
concrete & gets wet when its humid. The dehumidifier does a good job of
getting rid of the humidity but dumps warm air out & thus is fighting my
attempts to cool the downstairs as well.(The downstairs is open & thus

allot
of cool air naturally falls down the stairs to keep the basement fairly
cool) Would a window ac unit do as good a job of dehumidifying the

basement
as the dehumidifier while cooling the room as well?